Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun...

Today is one of those GORGEOUS. Perfect, cloud free, beautiful, I can't believe I live in this wonderful city, kind of Vancouver days. I also don't have to be at work until four, which meant I got to go out and enjoy it!

I woke up at about 8:30 this morning.. which is about as late as I ever sleep (I am not a night person and will naturally wake up between 8 and 9 am), and made myself a smoothie with:

1 cup almond milk
2 cups spinach
1 banana
2/3 cups frozen raspberries
brown rice protein powder
1 tablespoon almond butter.

It was delicious.

Then I sat in bed for a bit until about ten when we got up and headed over to Starbucks where I got a double tall iced soy latte. We then did the ever so boring thing of going out and talking to an insurance agent about getting renters insurance. We have been meaning to do it for years but finally got all the information today. We're going to take a few days to think about it, but we'll likely end up going with the quote we got today. It seems a little ridiculous, but it covers things like theft and fire, and lets face it if all our furniture got destroyed in a fire we couldn't afford to replace it, nor could we afford to replace the computers, hard drives, books etc and everything we own, therefore we decided to get insurance. It's not actually that expensive either.

After leaving the insurance office we walked down Fourth for a bit and stopped in a kitchen supply store where I drooled over springform pans, Emile Henry baking dishes, pie pans, fancy five speed blenders (ours is ok, but super, super basic), stand mixers (I have my boyfriend's mom's old one which works brilliantly, but lets face it, is not nearly as pretty), Cuisinart food processors (I want a seven or eleven cup so, so, so bad), and immersion blenders. Kitchen stores and grocery stores are my personal heaven. We left empty-handed, mostly because the boy saw the danger and dragged me out. He knows me well.

Then we headed over to Fisherman's Warf to go to Go Fish for lunch, a small tin-shack seafood hut that makes the best fish and chips you will ever have as well as some really really good fish tacos. I had the soy-wasabi cod tacos and the boy had single piece halibut fish and chips. The line up was ridiculous. Seems like everyone else had the same idea we did upon seeing the gorgeous weather, but the wait was worth it. The food, per the usual was delicious, and yes, I definitely stole some of the boy's fries. Cause they are so damn good.

On the way home we stopped at Whole Foods for some frozen berries, kale, yogurt, oats (I was almost out, oh the horror), and cashews (I have a few cashew cheese recipes I want to try out. I also want to make raw chocolate chip cookies again).

Anyway, I have to be at work in an hour so I'm going to have a quick snack, throw together some dinner to take to work with me (likely a giant spinach salad and sandwich thin sandwich with coconut butter, almond butter, banana and cinnamon), and throw on my work clothes. I am always so excited when I don't have to wear Starbucks clothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment