Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rainy Run

Afternoon!

I have today off, which basically means I get to spend the day cooking, yay! This morning I drove the boy to work and then stopped by Whole Foods on my way home. I know, I know, I was there yesterday, but I forgot a bunch of stuff like sandwich thins, kale, and tortillas, so I had to go back. I then came home, had one of the power cookies I bought from the Whole Foods bakery (they're made with spelt flour oats, flax, pumpkin, sunflower, and a million other seeds, raisins and just plain goodness in general) and set out for a four mile run. Today, unlike yesterday is one of those gross, rainy, cloudy, Vancouver days. Nevertheless, I had a good run. It wasn't absolutely pouring down rain, more like a light drizzle and it actually felt kind of nice. When I got home I was starving. I ground up some cauliflower, and added some lemon juice and raisins, and then threw it on top of a huge bed of spinach, with a red bell pepper, some carrots, a bit of nutritional yeast, a black bean veggie burger crumbled up, and raspberry vinaigrette. For dessert I had the other power cookie I bought.

Then I set to work making raw chocolate chip cookies again. I've been promising my manager I'd make them again for weeks and haven't managed to get around to it, but I finally did today! Yay! They are currently in the fridge hardening up.

Also on the agenda today are these nacho cheese kale chips. I am pretty excited about them, my first experiment with kale chips went wonderfully and I'm excited to spice them up a bit. I don't own a dehydrator, so I'll be throwing them in the oven, but that worked brilliantly last time so hopefully it will again...

I'm also thinking about making the coconut chocolate bars I made last week cause they were so good... But I don't know if I have the time or the energy. Although we are going over to my boyfriend's Dad's place for dinner tonight so its not like I have to make dinner.

Catch ya' later.

No comments:

Post a Comment